ADSM-L

Re: Storage Volume > 2 GB

1998-04-17 09:48:43
Subject: Re: Storage Volume > 2 GB
From: Gene Mangum <gmangum AT UMICH DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 1998 09:48:43 -0400
Look in /usr/lpp/adsmserv/bin.   There are 2 binaries called dsmfmt.42
and dsmserv.42.   These are required to support >2GB volumes.   You
should have dsmserv as a symlink to dsmserv.42 and dsmfmt a symlink to
dsmfmt.42.   I had exactly this problem because I upgraded the ADSM
system to AIX 4.2 *AFTER* installing ADSM.   If you use raw logical
volumes (I do), you don't have to worry about dsmfmt.   If you decide to
use JFS for anything >2GB, you must define the filesystem as "large
file enabled".

--
Gene Mangum
Gene Mangum