ADSM-L

[no subject]

1998-04-17 02:48:33
From: Chris Bayly <chris.bayly AT UALBERTA DOT CA>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 1998 00:48:33 -0600
antoine.Verheijen AT UAlberta DOT CA, chris.bayly AT ualberta DOT ca
Subject: Size of sites?

Hi!  I'm helping to maintain an ADSM site here at the University of
Alberta.  In an effort to plan for the future, and just plain
curiosity, I'm interested in appox. how much data other ADSM sites
deal with in a day (amount of data backed up and restored by users),
how much data is in your tape library, how many clients have you got,
and what kind of server this is all going through...  For example,

Machine: RS/6000 580 (192MB ram, ~50gigs of ssa disk)
TapeLibrary: 3494
TotalData: ~4TB
DataPerDay: (really rough guess ~10gig)
Clients: ~150 (some huge servers, many PeeCee's...)

We have some large database's coming on line, and I'm trying to see
how much day various sites handle...  We some machines looking at
backing up 10's of gigs a day...  I need to get a bit better handle on
how many 10's of gigs out new 4 processor F50 with ATM and FDDI can
handle. :)

Thanks in advance for any information in advance!

--
Chris Bayly
Chris Bayly

Email:  Chris.Bayly AT UAlberta DOT CA         | UNIX Support
Phone:  (403) 492-9344                  | 352 General Services Building
Fax:    (403) 492-1729                  | University of Alberta
Web:    http://www.tec.ualberta.ca/~cb/ | Edmonton, Alberta