ADSM-L

Copygroup for offsite too slow!

1998-04-16 18:43:06
Subject: Copygroup for offsite too slow!
From: "Frank M. Ramaekers Jr." <framaeke AT AUSTIN.CC.TX DOT US>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 1998 17:43:06 -0500
I have the following system:

IBM AIX F50
        ADSM V3.1
                BACKUPPOOL              4GB                     (disk)
                3570POOL                        up to 20 online tapes (5-15GB
each)
                                                        (currently at ~14GB)
                DISASTERPOOL    8mm cartridge manual library

I run "BACKUP STGPOOL BACKUPPOOL DISASTERPOOL" and get 3GB moved in about 2
hours.

I run "BACKUP STGPOOL BACKUPPOOL DISASTERPOOL" and after 4 hours only
backed up 5.5GB

1)      Is there a quicker way to make a disaster recovery backup to store
offsite (other than having a remote ADSM back up the pools).

2)      Is the 8MM the bottleneck?  I don't seem to have any problems during the
normal incremental backups (to BACKUPPOOL then migrated to 3570POOL).

3)      Would 3570 to 3570 be better?  (I only have a B02)

Thanks in advance,
Frank M. Ramaekers Jr.  Austin Community College     Voice: (512)223-7619
Systems Programmer      5930 Middle Fiskville Rd.    Fax:   (512)483-7664
Information Services    Austin, Texas  78752-4390