ADSM-L

Re: Re[2]: Tape with write error going Read/Only

1998-04-16 13:03:39
Subject: Re: Re[2]: Tape with write error going Read/Only
From: "Prather, Wanda" <PrathW1 AT CENTRAL.SSD.JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 1998 13:03:39 -0400
We had many of these "bogus" I/O errors on older releases of the microcode.

We got far fewer errors on tapes WRITTEN with the older microcode being READ
with the new microcode.

And we seldom have any I/O errors on tapes WRITTEN and READ with the new
microcode.

Wanda Prather
Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Lab
443-778-8769
wanda_prather AT jhuapl DOT edu

"Intelligence has much less practical application than you'd think."
              - Scott Adams/Dilbert