ADSM-L

Re: Techniques for restoring a complete NT server

1998-04-16 10:49:51
Subject: Re: Techniques for restoring a complete NT server
From: Doug Thorneycroft <dthorneycroft AT LACSD DOT ORG>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 1998 07:49:51 -0700
Do you really need to restore the entire server in every case?
Most of our servers just require a reinstall of NT and the applications
from CD,
then a restore of the data. On simple setups, this is much quicker than
doing a full restore. Also, in a real disaster, affecting multiple
servers,
what are the chances of quickly finding replacement hardware that
matches
the origional, especially after that server has been in service for a
year
or so.