ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:59:02
Hi Ravi

You have to add an include statement in you include exclude list, to bind the F.S to a specific management class. You will want to define your daily management class as the default management class and you will add the followind include statement:

include /var/.../*  weekly

It is a very nice option and you can control the policie up to the file level.

Malkit

Ganesan Ravishanker wrote:

 Hi All     I would like to accomplish the following:     o I want certain filespaces on Unix machines, such as /,/var and /opt to be backed up incrementally every week and would like to retain no more than 2 copies of the files. (I know this is silly and overkill....)     o I want /home and a bunch of other filesystems to be backed up incrementally every day with 14 copies of the files retained.     o I have created two separate schedules - Daily and Weekly and have associated the nodes with both of them. I have used the objects field to specify which file systems are to be backed up in each of these schedules.     o I also have created two management classes within the Standard policy domain, one for Daily (14 versions) and one for Weekly (2 versions).     o I am lost as to how to connect the daily schedule to the daily management class and weekly to weekly management class.     Any help is appreciated. Ravi