ADSM-L

Re: Exchange Agent PB

1998-04-15 14:55:09
Subject: Re: Exchange Agent PB
From: Chris Zaremba <zaremba AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 1998 14:55:09 -0400
Jim,

>        The filespace name on the ADSM server is made up of
>"ORGANIZATION.SITE.SERVER.DIR" or ".IS".  I am guessing the problem could be
>caused by how our Exchange Organization is named.  Our name has a "." at the
>end of the name, so the filespace is created as "Company,
>Inc..CTIX.EXCH01.DIR".  I am thinking the two periods in a row could be
>causing the problem.

Your guess is correct.  The Exchange Agent is not properly handling the
situation when the
org or site name contain a period.  I suspect you won't be able to open a
problem record through
IBM service until you are a licensed user of the Agent (which isn't possible
until 4/24) but please
do pursue it at that time as it is a valid problem.  (We won't wait until then
to work on a fix though...)

Until a fix is made available,  you can use the cmd line Agent to list and
restore your backed up DBs
if you take the defaults for org, site and server when doing the restore.

Also, you can use the SHOWALL button from the restore tab of the GUI to see a
list of all the objects
backed up but you still will not be able to restore through the GUI until a fix
is provided.

Sorry about that...

Chris Zaremba
ADSM Agent Development