ADSM-L

Re: Tape with write error going Read/Only

1998-04-15 14:34:51
Subject: Re: Tape with write error going Read/Only
From: Claudia Masters <cmaster1 AT TUELECTRIC DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 1998 13:34:51 -0500
I am using ADSM Server on NT with a STK9714 and 4 DLT7000s.
I have not encountered any problems labeling the tapes.
Recently, though, I found that there were many tapes in "filling" status
with a
read-only access due to errors.  In all cases, I have successfully used the
MOVE DATA command to empty the tape.  I then relabeled the tape and
have reused the tapes without encountering any more errors.

"Thomas A. La Porte" <tlaporte AT ANIM.DREAMWORKS DOT COM> on 04/14/98 16:44:37