ADSM-L

ADSM/NT & DLT

1998-04-15 03:14:26
Subject: ADSM/NT & DLT
From: "Field, Anthony" <Anthony.Field AT CENTRELINK.GOV DOT AU>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 1998 17:14:26 +1000
Hi all,

ADSM/NT server V3.1.1.0 , NT client V3.1.0.1 connected to a STK9730 with 2
DLT7000 drives

When we invoke the ADSM GUI & perform a backup the backup completes
successfully but the DLT cartridge remains in the drive forever with a
status of 'IN USE'. ie The status does not go to 'IDLE' & therefore
MOUNTRETENTION & IDLETIMEOUT has no effect. The only way the drive will
dismount the cartridge is when I shut down the GUI.

Is this normal or is there another parameter I can set so the cart is
dismounted without shutting down the GUI.

thanks

Tony