ADSM-L

ANR0429W-'maximum sessions exceeded'

2015-10-04 17:59:01
Subject: ANR0429W-'maximum sessions exceeded'
From: owner-adsm-l (INTERNET.OWNERAD) at SNADGATE
To: Jerry Lawson at ASUPO
Date: 4/13/98 5:21PM
Can I ask what release of TCP/IP you are running?  You may want to check the
TCP/IP activity - I think with a Net Stat command(? - I'm not a network guru)
to see if there are hanging sessions - if your theory is correct, they should
show up there.

Jerry Lawson
jlawson AT thehartford DOT com

Author:  owner-adsm-l (INTERNET.OWNERAD) at SNADGATE
Date:    4/13/98 5:21 PM

Hello Fellow ADSM-ers,
   We are running ADSM Version 2.1.0.13 for the MVS server.  Periodically
we get a condition here where we get 'maximum sessions exceeded' in the
daytime!  (we have the number of sessions set to 50).  What appears to
happen is that some node gets in and holds onto the socket and doesn't free
it up. (We run client polling.)  As more and more sessions come into ADSM,
and as none of them seem to get back out, they just sit there, stuck in a
limbo sort of status.  Very soon afterwards, the number of sessions reaches
50 and we start getting the 'maximum sessions exceeded' messages, which
means no new nodes can get into ADSM.
   We managed to cancel numerous node sessions today to free up this
condition, but sometimes we can't even cancel the sessions and the only way
out of it is to bring down ADSM and restart it.
   Has anyone encountered this condition? If so... what resolved it for
you? (a PTF, a parameter change, perhaps?)
Thanks in advance,
Debbie Yoder
Enterprise Storage Administration
GPU, Inc.