ADSM-L

Re: scratch volumes in STK 9710

1998-04-10 09:59:02
Subject: Re: scratch volumes in STK 9710
From: "Sutton, Andy" <asutton AT SMMI DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 1998 08:59:02 -0500
Is the 10% your HighMig% Threshold or the LowMig% Threshold?  Either way it
seems too low, causing reclamation to spend more time on a daily basis
freeing up space.  I have my tape library set at 80%/60% respectively and
get good results from reclamation.  I also run daily backups of several AIX
& NT systems and it's a constant battle to manage the space as fast as the
data changes.  You might also look at your backup policies.  Particularly
the parameters dealing with how long to keep inactive and deleted files.