ADSM-L

Re: ADSM CPU Dispatch Priority

1998-04-07 14:24:49
Subject: Re: ADSM CPU Dispatch Priority
From: Cindy Cannam <CCannam AT GENAM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 1998 13:24:49 -0500
Ginny:

We've given ADSM the same dispatching priority as HSM --- this is a very
high priority in this shop, and does allow ADSM to perform its tasks within
given time frames. HOWEVER, ADSM IS a CPU hog, especially in an environment
of limited engines in the mainframe world --- give this some consideration
before turning ADSM's volume up in a production arena.

Good luck!

C.L.Cannam
Storage Management
GENAM/St. Louis, MO/USA
ccannam AT genam DOT com

Virginia Hysock <Virginia_L_Hysock AT CSC DOT COM> on 04/07/98 10:39:12 AM