ADSM-L

data transfer rate for DLT7000

1998-04-07 03:53:57
Subject: data transfer rate for DLT7000
From: Michael Garnebode <michael.garnebode AT WESTLB DOT DE>
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 1998 09:53:57 +0200
Hi,
we have an Enhanced ADSM Server Version on AIX with a STK9710 lokal and
one STK9710 remote. The DLT7000 are direct attached via SCSI-Extender
(LWL). We make a remote copy with one process from the lokal STK9710 to
the remote STK9710. The drives are attached on diffrend SCSI-Adapters.
We have a data transfer rate about 10 GB/h in compressed mode.

We have the same data transfer rate for oracle database backups.

Is that enough ??
Is there anybody out there have a higher transfer rate ?
P.S.
The data sheet says 5 MB/s in uncompressed mode and
  10 MB/s in compressed mode. Thats are 18 GB/h or 36 GB/h

regards
michael garnebode
WestLB D|sseldorf