ADSM-L

Archive Management Class

2015-10-04 17:59:01
Subject: Archive Management Class
From: Smith, Richard [SMTP:smithrr AT MARITZ DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
ADSMer's,

        I could really use some help.  I have some archive schedules set
up to run weekly and monthly.  In the over riding options files I have
the following:

-archmc=MIFENNT_SQL_ANNUAL
        The specified management class also points to a separate
        The specified management class also points to a separate
storage pool than the rest of my SQL backups.  When I check the events,
everything seems to have run fine, however, no tapes were added to the
new storage pool.  When I bring up the backup client to look at the
archives, the management class for the files is unknown.  Any ideas??

Server: OS/390 V3
Client:  NT 4.0 V3

Thanks,
Rick Smith