ADSM-L

Re: ADSM DATA Movement/Reclamation Update

1998-04-05 22:16:17
Subject: Re: ADSM DATA Movement/Reclamation Update
From: Trevor Foley <Trevor.Foley AT BANKERSTRUST.COM DOT AU>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 1998 12:16:17 +1000
Hi James,

Thanks for the update, but I am confused (nothing new there).

On the one hand, you say that the release that 'will be made immediately
available' (I presume that one that was placed on the ftp site 3 days
ago) ' contains corrections for all known data movement/reclamation
problems', but then go on to say ', and an option that will allow
customers to temporarily disable file aggregation so that tapes can be
better reclaimed'. Doesn't this suggest that there is still a problem?

We didn't start running the V3 server until the first fix, that disabled
reclamation of aggregates, was made available. Should be install this
latest kit (3.1.1.1)? Should we enable the NOAGGREGATES option? Will
aggregates then be properly reclaimed (I hope so, we are chewing through
tapes like crazy, mostly due to this problem).

You also make a comment that ' The next PTF for all servers will contain
the utilities and is expected early in the second quarter'. Isn't now
'early in the second quarter'? Or is there another PTF being made
available soon (3.1.1.2??)?

Regards,

Trevor