ADSM-L

Define Devclass on version2 & version3

1998-04-03 13:03:03
Subject: Define Devclass on version2 & version3
From: Connie Sutton <sutton AT LANL DOT GOV>
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 1998 11:03:03 -0700
I have a version 2 server v2r1m0.13 on aix 4.1.5, and a version3 server v2r1m.02 on aix 4.1.5

I tried the following command before defining a library:

> define devclass bogus devtype=8mm library=badlib

I had not trouble defining a device class without a library.....

The command complains if the library parameter is not there, but not if
the library doesn't exist.

Did ADSM development design it this way or is this a bug?

Connie Sutton
Los Alamos National Laboratory
Connie Sutton
Los Alamos CIC-11 High Performance Storage
sutton AT lanl DOT gov