ADSM-L

Re: NT 4.0 Bare Metal Restore

1998-04-01 20:14:00
Subject: Re: NT 4.0 Bare Metal Restore
From: Phil.Chissell <phil.chissell AT RESEARCH.NATPOWER.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>
Date: Thursday, April 02, 1998 1:14 AM
Don

We had this problem, to overcome this we gave the current user account
permissions to write into the \WINNT\SYSTEM32\CONFIG directory.

To do this, use Windows explorer and then right click the above directory.
Select the properties option and then the security tab.  Click the
permissions button and add the current user and give him Full Control.

This will enable you to copy back the original registry into the directory.
Now reboot as normal.

This step *should* have been documented in the bare metal restore but hey
that's life!

Regards

Phil