ADSM-L

Re: NT server as file deposit for Macintosh users

1998-04-01 14:51:48
Subject: Re: NT server as file deposit for Macintosh users
From: "Eliza.Lau AT vt DOT edu" <LAU AT VTCC1.CC.VT DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 1998 14:51:48 -0500

>Eliza,

>You don't say which version of ADSM NT client you're running but it sounds
>as though it might be V2.x.  That version does not support the NT Services
>for Macintosh file structure and backs up/restores Macintosh files stored
>on NT without the Macintosh resource fork information.  We are currently
>using a Macintosh ADSM V2 client to perform that backup for us.

>My understanding that the ADSM NT V3 client does support the SFM file
>structure, allowing correct Macintosh file backup/restore but I haven't
>tried it yet and I haven't heard from anyone who has.

>I'm interested myself in hearing that kind of feedback so if anyone else
>out there has tested this, please speak up.

>Dennis Schaffer
>Mutual of Omaha

Dennis,

Indeed, I am running the NT V2.1 client.  I also like to hear from anyone
who has information on this issue.

Eliza

 Eliza Lau
 Eliza Lau
 Virginia Tech Computing Center                 email   : eliza.lau AT vt DOT
edu
 Virginia Polytechnic Institute & State University
 1700 Pratt Drive
 Blacksburg VA 24060                            Voice   : (540) 231-9399