ADSM-L

Re: New V31-0.3 client for SCO - Install under Linux (2)

1998-04-01 09:09:36
Subject: Re: New V31-0.3 client for SCO - Install under Linux (2)
From: "Frank M. Ramaekers Jr." <framaeke AT AUSTIN.CC.TX DOT US>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 1998 08:09:36 -0600
I too would like to express my desire to have a native Linux version
(version 3).  I'm currently using the V2 SCO client on a V3 server.

At 01:11 PM 4/1/98 +0200, you wrote:
>Andy Carlson wrote:
>

>Are there any plans to make a native Linux (ELF-binary) version of the
>V3-client available? (I'll have a hard time convincing our management
>to buy SCO just to be able to pre-install the ADSM-client on it in
>order to finally move the client to a Linux machine...)
>
>BTW, with cpio -i -d it is possible to extract the SCO archives into a
>directory structure. Under "opt/K/IBM/adsmclient/3.1.0.3" you'll find
>the ".Z"-ed binaries that can be installed over the V2.x
>clients. However once starting the binaries still require libXm.so
>(Motif-library).
>
>To make my request from above more precise: Are there any plans to
>make a *statically linked* V3 client for native Linux available
>(statically linked removes the need for a Motif-libary on the system)
>
>Thanks much in advance for any clue,
>-ewald

Frank M. Ramaekers Jr.  Austin Community College     Voice: (512)223-7619
Systems Programmer      5930 Middle Fiskville Rd.    Fax:   (512)483-7664
Information Services    Austin, Texas  78752-4390