ADSM-L

Re: New V31-0.3 client for SCO - Install under Linux (2)

1998-04-01 06:11:16
Subject: Re: New V31-0.3 client for SCO - Install under Linux (2)
From: Ewald Jenisch <Ewald.Jenisch AT UNIVIE.AC DOT AT>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 1998 13:11:16 +0200
Andy Carlson wrote:

> Mark,
>
> That's not exactly what I wanted to hear.  We do not have a SCO version
> above 3.2, and the custom on that version will not install it.  Guess I
> will look for a higher level SCO.
>
> Andy Carlson                             |\      _,,,---,,_
> andyc AT andyc.carenet DOT org            ZZZzz /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;,_
> BJC Health System                       |,4-  ) )-,_. ,\ (  `'-'
> St. Louis, Missouri                    '---''(_/--'  `-'\_)
> Cat Pics: http://www.anet-stl.com/~andyc/animal.html
>
> On Tue, 31 Mar 1998, Markus Fehling wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > starting with V3 we use the SCO installation tool custom to install
> > the ADSM Client for SCO. To run this Client on LINUX first you have
> > to install it on SCO then copy all installed files to LINUX.

Are there any plans to make a native Linux (ELF-binary) version of the
V3-client available? (I'll have a hard time convincing our management
to buy SCO just to be able to pre-install the ADSM-client on it in
order to finally move the client to a Linux machine...)

BTW, with cpio -i -d it is possible to extract the SCO archives into a
directory structure. Under "opt/K/IBM/adsmclient/3.1.0.3" you'll find
the ".Z"-ed binaries that can be installed over the V2.x
clients. However once starting the binaries still require libXm.so
(Motif-library).

To make my request from above more precise: Are there any plans to
make a *statically linked* V3 client for native Linux available
(statically linked removes the need for a Motif-libary on the system)

Thanks much in advance for any clue,
-ewald
Ewald Jenisch                      |  E-mail: jenisch AT cc.univie.ac DOT at
Ewald Jenisch                      |  E-mail: jenisch AT cc.univie.ac DOT at
Vienna University Computer Center  |  Phone: (+43 1) 4277 x14028
Universitaetsstrasse 7             |  Fax:   (+43 1) 4277 x9140
A-1010 Vienna, Austria             |  NIC-Handle: EJ63