ADSM-L

Windows NT 4.0 Registry Settings for Memory Preferences

1998-03-31 08:20:37
Subject: Windows NT 4.0 Registry Settings for Memory Preferences
From: Keith Medcalf <kmedcalf AT DESSUS DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 1998 08:20:37 -0500
My apologies to everyone on the list.

Several weeks ago I mentioned that there is a Registry setting in Windows NT
4.0 Server which will change the default memory usage parameter setting from
a preference of Disk Cache to prefer Working Set.  This solves the problem
with ADSM V2R1 server swapping excessively on a 64MB NT/S 4.0 system.

Unfortunately, I have been unavailable for the last three weeks due to
health problems requiring hospitalization and did not get a chance to post
the Registry Key which you need to modify.

I am now back at home and will be returning to work next week.  I will post
the Registry Setting modification as soon as I am able to get them from the
office.

- -
Keith Medcalf
(416) 410-5791