ADSM-L

Multiple ADSM servers on one AIX system

1998-03-30 23:59:43
Subject: Multiple ADSM servers on one AIX system
From: Trevor Foley <Trevor.Foley AT BANKERSTRUST.COM DOT AU>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 1998 14:59:43 +1000
Hi,

We are looking at running multiple instances of the ADSM server on one
AIX system (we have a small number of clients that, for security
reasons, we don't want to be on the main ADSM server). Both ADSM server
instances will be the same version (currently 3.1.0.2), and our AIX
version is 4.2.1.

Has anybody else done this? What tricks do you have to do to keep the
two servers from accessing each others data? We are already running our
first ADSM server with a default directory of other than
/usr/lpp/adsmserv/bin, so we are part of the way there.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Trevor