ADSM-L

ADSM on NT skipping a disk

2015-10-04 18:00:06
Subject: ADSM on NT skipping a disk
From: owner-adsm-l (INTERNET.OWNERAD) at SNADGATE
To: Jerry Lawson at ASUPO
Date: 3/30/98 8:19AM
Can I assume this is a V3 client?

There is a reported bug in the V3 Level 1 client that seems to match your
problem - The scheduler log only reports in Quiet mode.  Thus it looks as
though the drive is skipped, but in fact, it just doesn't tell you that it
did anything.  The C: drive generally gets a message something like
"incremental complete for c: with errors...." having to do with the
NTUSER.DAT, etc.  The D: drive, if there are no error messages, does not get
the same completion message, because it had no errors.

Check the status at the end of the backup.... does it inspect the correct
number of files for the machine?

This problem (IC19507) is included in the "fixed" section of the level 3
client.  I have just downloaded the client and installed it, so hopefully,
when my scheduled backup runs tomorrow, I'll be able to say this has been
fixed  :-)

Jerry Lawson
jlawson AT thehartford DOT com

Author:  owner-adsm-l (INTERNET.OWNERAD) at SNADGATE
Date:    3/30/98 8:19 AM

Hi ADSM-ers!
I have a NT server with 2 drives: C: and D:, both labelled.
When I issue a DSMC i to start an incremental, both disks are backed up.
When an incremental is started through the scheduler only disk C: is backed up.
No errors can be found in the DSMSCHED.LOG or the DSMERROR.LOG and no option
file overruling is done. Anybody seen this before?? Thanks for your reply in
advance!! Kindest regards, Eric van Loon