ADSM-L

Problem with collocation.

1998-03-26 09:33:57
Subject: Problem with collocation.
From: Aria Bamdad <ARIA AT BIOSTAT.BSC.GWU DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 1998 09:33:57 EST
Hi,

I have a tape storage pool that has collocation turned on.  However,
I noticed that I had files for at least two different clients on one
tape.  Logically this should only happen if the storage pool has no
more empty volumes, but this is not the case for me (and never has been).

To try to correct the problem, I did a MOVE DATA from the tape volumes
with this problem to a disk storage pool and then I started a migration
process again.  After the migration ended, I still had two volumes that
ADSM wrote to (empty at first) with files from at lease two clients.

Anyone has seen this happen before?

Thanks