ADSM-L

Re: Trashed/Deleted log file

1998-03-26 08:41:21
Subject: Re: Trashed/Deleted log file
From: "Frank M. Ramaekers Jr." <framaeke AT AUSTIN.CC.TX DOT US>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 1998 07:41:21 -0600
That will explain why my old V2R1 manuals didn't help!    :)

Well, I've ordered my V3R1 manuals to get the details of this command.

Thanks!

At 05:30 PM 3/25/98 -0500, you wrote:
I haven't done this yet, but according to the ADSM Administrator's Guide, it looks like you could just:

dsmserv  format 1  <log_file>  <#_of_database_files>  <database_file>

This works OK only because you haven't actually started using ADSM yet. It erases everything in the database and log files and puts all the defaults back in there, I think.  But be sure to then log in from the ADSM console and redefine the ADSM administrator and grant the system authority again...

I was planning to do this before I actually start running ADSM, because I expect to use database and log volumes much bigger than the default, and I don't want to "extend" the tiny default volumes across multiple files. I'll just delete the default db and log files and remake them in the large initial sizes I want, then do the above command.

Caution: I don't have experience yet, just have read the manuals... wait to see if someone else can confirm...

Tony

Frank M. Ramaekers Jr.  Austin Community College     Voice: (512)223-7619
Systems Programmer      5930 Middle Fiskville Rd.    Fax:   (512)483-7664
Information Services    Austin, Texas  78752-4390