ADSM-L

Problems with NDS-restore

1998-03-25 10:01:57
Subject: Problems with NDS-restore
From: Wolfgang Joschonek <wolfgang.joschonek AT AUDI DOT DE>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1998 16:01:57 +0100
Hello to the list,

we  have a problem with restoring single leave objects in the NDS with
ADSM.
I created a Testuser with several properties, rights to the file system,
and made him a trustee of another NDS object.
Then I made a complete Backup of the NDS, and deleted the User via
NW-Admin. After Restoring the user, I checked the properties, and the
rights.
All properties like full name, login restrictions... were restored
-the rights to the files system was lost
-the user was no longer trusty of the other NDS object
-the user was no longer trusty of the other NDS object
We have a ADSM Ver 2 Server on a RS/6000 running, I used both Client Ver
We have a ADSM Ver 2 Server on a RS/6000 running, I used both Client Ver
2 and Ver 3 with the same effect.

Is there any solution, to restore a object with all it's rights and
properties?

Thanks for answering

Wolfgang Joschonek