ADSM-L

NT Services ADSM 2.1

1998-03-25 00:00:22
Subject: NT Services ADSM 2.1
From: Shane Smith <shanesmith AT WESTPAC.COM DOT AU>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1998 15:00:22 +1000
hi

i installed adsm baclient version 2, release1, level 0.6 onto an nt client. the
nt
client is running
nt 4.0, with service pack3 - the hardware is a 133mhz pentium pcserver320 with
6g
raid disk and 32m
of ram.

we need to have adsm running as a server service in this machine. i set it up by
using dsmcsvci and it seemed
okay. however, my adsm server just goes "pending" when it tries to contact the
client. i did a manual backup
from the client to ensure my comms are okay - it backed up fine.

i ran the adsm service on the client as an administrator, tried it logged on,
and
i tried it logged off but it
made no difference. is there a permission thing i got to setup on nt to allow
the
adsm service to run properly, or is it a problem with adsm2.1, or nt, or me.. or
maybe excessive sunspot activity?

pls help me. any ideas?

shane smith