ADSM-L

Authorization Errors

1998-03-24 13:18:07
Subject: Authorization Errors
From: Dennis Piche <dpiche1 AT FORD DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 13:18:07 -0500
I seem to be having some issues with regards to authorization...

I am running ADSM Server & Client 3.0 on an NT 4.0 Server.

My scheduled backups are not running.

I checked the activity log:
1) scheduler contacts client
2) session is established
3) tape is mounted
4) session is ended
5) tape is dismounted after 60 minutes
Usually there is some backup information between 3 & 4.

I checked the dsmsched.log
1) session is established
2) next scheduled operation is listed correctly
3) Executing scheduled command now
4) Backup Funcion Invoked
5) Registry is saved successfully
6) Error processing 'C:': cannot create file/directory entry

The online books indicate that this error is an authorization error.

Any ideas were my authorization is failing?  (client side, server side)
What should I check for?
How can I fix this?

--
Dennis Piche (Altair Engineering Inc.)