ADSM-L

Exabyte EXB-210 and ADSM 3.1 for AIX

1998-03-24 18:06:52
Subject: Exabyte EXB-210 and ADSM 3.1 for AIX
From: Paulalexander Smith <mcrtask AT IBM DOT NET>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 15:06:52 -0800
We are having problems installing an Exabyte EXB-210 library with two
Mammoth tape drives and ADSM 3.1 for AIX, running on an RS6K with
AIX4.2.1.

We follow the instructions, everything seems to be available, but when I
issue any commands to the library I get I/O errors. When both tape
drives are defined the bottom drive seems okay - the tape is inserted,
the green lights appear, the tape is then ejected when finished with and
collected by the robot. The top tape drive doesn't - all of the lights
come on, the tape is ejected after a few seconds and then the thing just
stops.

I deleted the top drive's definition. Then the problem moved to the
second drive.

Exabyte didn't seem to know about ADSM, or IBM come to that, is there a
staff shortage over there?

Please help!!!

Thanks,
Paul Smith.