ADSM-L

Intro & Win32 client v 3.1.01 under NT won't connect to ADSM -server

1998-03-24 02:27:46
Subject: Intro & Win32 client v 3.1.01 under NT won't connect to ADSM -server
From: Alexander Lagerberg <alexander.lagerberg AT ROWIKA DOT SE>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 08:27:46 +0100
Hello.

My name is Alexander Lagerberg. I work at a company
called Rowika who is an authorized IBM reseller. I work
with a wide variety of things as I'm a consultant.
Rowika resides in Gothenburg/Sweden, and the sun
is shining in through my windows now :)

Currently we're implementing a new internal system,
and ADSM will be used to get the equipment properly
backed-up.

I'm having problems getting the ADSM client version 3.1.01
(Win32) working under Windows NT, so when I found
this list I got really happy :)

We have an RS/6000 running an ADSM server v 2.
I'm using the Win32 v3 client. Communications is over
TCP/IP.
I have tried the client on a Win95 machine, and it works
fine. The same client, however, on WinNT won't connect
to the server. I get the following message:

ANS1366E Session Rejected: The server has an internal error

I'm using the same node name and password as on the
Win95 machine.

I think the problem lies in the client, because no matter what
I try to connect to I get the same message, even if I try to
connect to a plain WinNT machine on the network that
doesn't have an ADSM server installed...

I browsed through the archives of this list and found a tip
saying that I should create a service (for scheduling?),
but it seemed as I had to have a connection to the ADSM
server up to be able to complete the registration of the
service, which I cannot get...

I'm a bit at loss here, so I really would appreciate some
advice from the eminent members of this list.

Thanks,

/Alex