ADSM-L

Re: StorageTek 9730

1998-03-20 14:08:07
Subject: Re: StorageTek 9730
From: "Prather, Wanda" <PrathW1 AT CENTRAL.SSD.JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 1998 14:08:07 -0500
Check the microcode level of your DLT 7000 drives.
The DLT7000's come from Quantum, then STK installs them in the 9710.
STK has microcode upgrades for the 9710, but the DLT 7000 microcode
still comes from Quantum.

We got our drives about a year ago.
But we recently had to put in some replacement drives.
The drives are still shipping with back levels of microcode.
Then when your STK CE installs the drives, he/she must upgrade the
microcode, even if it is a brand new drive.

If you don't have all the drives at the same level, and at least at V55,
I guarantee you will get I/O errors.

Wanda Prather
Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Lab
443-778-8769
wanda_prather AT jhuapl DOT edu

"Intelligence has much less practical application than you'd think."
              - Scott Adams/Dilbert