ADSM-L

RAID & ADSM

1998-03-20 11:17:17
Subject: RAID & ADSM
From: Tahir Mahmood <tmahmood AT VANSEL.ALCATEL DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 1998 11:17:17 -0500
Hi guys,

We are about to introduce a RAID system in our shop. The RAID takes 2 hosts
and has ten Cheetah drives. Presently our ADSM server is using local hard
drives for data base. As I am running out of space for extending my
database, I plan to use one of the RAID vols to do so.

I would love to hear from anyone having experience on using RAID systems
with ADSM, particularly as to the pitfalls and the do's and dont's. I also
plan on moving most of the stuff (other than the OS and ADSM client
software) from the ADSM clients onto the RAID.

Any thoughts, hints or advice would be welcome.

Thanks !

Tahir M

"The paperless office of the future is right down the hall from the
paperless bathroom of the future"

Anonymous