ADSM-L

How to store certain file backup versions for a longer perio

2015-10-04 18:00:05
Subject: How to store certain file backup versions for a longer perio
From: INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
To: Jerry Lawson at ASUPO
Date: 3/19/98 7:58AM
See my other note on this subject.  I think you are confusing backup and
Archive copygroups.  I would suggest having a second schedule, and use it to
assign the archives to a different group.  It may be cumbersome if you have
lots of files in different directories - perhaps a command file, rather than
a specific archive action is the best approach.

Jerry Lawson
jlawson AT thehartford DOT com

Author:  INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
Date:    3/19/98 7:58 AM

Hi ADSM-ers!
I have a customer with the following requirements: He wants an incremental
backup taken every day. The databases on the client are a rchived (through the
database utilities) to ADSM daily. One time each month he wants to have the
archive version kept for a longer p eriod than the standard archive retention.
Since this archive is from the same databases I cannot use different archive
management c lasses (the next archive would rebind the files to the standard
retention). How should I implement this? Thank you very much for your reply in
advance! Kindest regards, Eric van Loon