ADSM-L

Web Admin Client

1998-03-19 10:06:04
Subject: Web Admin Client
From: Dana Mitchell <dnmitchell AT EQUITABLE-OF-IOWA DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 09:06:04 -0600
Hello All,

I have the ADSM Version 3 MVS server running on MVS 5.1 using Interlink TCP/IP
V4.1.  I have setup and am testing the Web admin client accessed from Internet
Explorer and ran into a couple of problems with it:

When I click on Client Nodes, the display faila and I receive 'Internet
Explorer cannot open the Internet site http://mvshost:1580/ADMIN/....   Could
not complete the operation due to error 800c007.'    A similar problem also
happens with Netscape but of course the message text is equally as helpful.

This seems to happen with displays such as Client Nodes and others that
generate a long list of items.  The other thing is that after the server is
brought up, this works *once*,  subsequent tries fail.

I have an ETR open with IBM, but just curious about other's experience with the
Web admin client.  I think I will like it if these problems can be solved.

Thanks
Dana