ADSM-L

AIX 4.2 HSM client V3R1

1998-03-19 09:52:51
Subject: AIX 4.2 HSM client V3R1
From: Cookie Nguyen <cnguyen AT MAIL.ARCO DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 08:52:51 -0600
Yesterday, we had a crash on one of our AIX 3.2.5 running V2R1 level 5 HSM
client.  The administrator went ahead and upgraded to AIX 4.2 and
discovered that the current V2R1 client does not support HSM.  Luckily,
there's a V3R1 client (current in test mode, to be available 3/27) that
supports HSM for AIX 4.2 was available so we downloaded and installed it.

This is the procedure we followed to restore HSM file system:

1.  Added the filesystem to FSM
2.  dsmmigfs add -ht=85 -lt=55 /filesystem
3.  dsmc restore -dirsonly -subdir=yes /filesystem/
4.  dsmmigundelete /filesystem/

We ran into a "segmentation fault" error here.....

At this time, we tried the following:

1. dsmc restore -subdir=yes -replace=no -restoremigstate=yes /filesystem/

This process aborted with the following error:

 The assert subroutine failed: memcmp(mINP->data + GetTwo(mINP->
 extObjId.offset), &restData->attr.d.adu_sMigObjId, size of
 (midExtObjId_t))==0, file noqryres.c, line 1960
 Abort process

Has anyone experienced/seen the above?

Thanks,
Cookie Nguyen