ADSM-L

Re: How to store certain file backup versions for a longer period of time?

1998-03-19 07:48:21
Subject: Re: How to store certain file backup versions for a longer period of time?
From: Rui Malheiro <rmalheiro AT MAIL.TELEPAC DOT PT>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 12:48:21 GMT
Replying to: Eric van Loon <evanloon AT KLM DOT NL> (Thu, 19 Mar 1998 12:57:44
+-100)

>Hi Stefaan!
>That's not true. This was discussed here about a month ago. When you archive a
>file with a 30 day retention and you archive the file again the next day with
>a 5 day retention managamentclass, all previous archive versions will be
>rebound to the last used archive management class and thus stored for 5 days.

I've just double-checked this:

ADSM Server 3.1.0.2
ADSM GUI Client 3.1.0.1 (win32)

1. Archived a bunch of files to MGMTCLASS1 using "Test1" as description.
2. Archived the same files to MGMTCLASS2 using "Test2" as description
3. Archived 3 of the above files to MGMTCLASS2 using "Test 1" as description

As a result, now I have two archive packages (Test1 and Test2). All files on
Test2 are bound to MGMTCLASS2, while on Test1 I have all files bound to
MGMTCLASS1 *plus* 3 files bound to MGMTCLASS2. These 3 files were not
rebounded, I actualy have 2 versions of each, each bound to a different mgmt
class.

--
Rui Malheiro,
Rui Malheiro,