ADSM-L

Re: Client Session Stuck in MEDIAW Status During Migration

1998-03-18 11:47:07
Subject: Re: Client Session Stuck in MEDIAW Status During Migration
From: Klaus Dilper <Klaus.Dilper AT RZ.UNI-KARLSRUHE DOT DE>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1998 11:47:07 -0500
On Wed, 18 Mar 1998 10:04:08 -0500, Jeff Connor wrote:

>ADSM MVS Server V2.1.10 running on OS/390 V1R2.
>TCPIP for MVS V3.2
>Client is HP-UX V10 running V2.1.6 of the ADSM Client
>80GB disk storage pool migrated to Magstar 3590's in an STK Silo daily by
>setting hi and lo thresholds to zero.
>Disk pool migration thresholds are set at hi=95 lo=75 during the night.

Hi Jeff,

once a mediaw is not satisfied, ADSM suspenses the client session
durnig the media wait time. I don't think that this a 'bug', it works
as designed (not very well, ok!).

If possible, you should start migration at a hi=80 and migrate down
to maybe lo=50. This ensures you from running into the out of storage
situation.

Klaus

Klaus Dilper
Klaus Dilper
University of Karlsruhe
Computing Centre
InterNet: Klaus.Dilper AT rz.uni-karlsruhe DOT de
VoiceNet: +49-721-608-4040
FaxNet  : +49-721-32550
SnailNet: Box 6980, D-76128 Karlsruhe, Germany