ADSM-L

Re: Compressalways option for V3 client

1998-03-18 04:13:58
Subject: Re: Compressalways option for V3 client
From: "Boireau, Eric (MED-Cap Gemini)" <BOIREER AT EUROMSX.GEMSE DOT FR>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1998 10:13:58 +0100
Hello,
We use compression, I don't use compressalways. If you don't validate
compressalways, client will try to compress file but if it grew it will
send the file not compressed.  It right that it speeder the send data
uncompressed. We used compression because we will have a lot of client
(> 1000) and it's to preserve network load. Backup are perform during
the day.
For server that were backup during the night we don't use compression
for large file server (Oracle), it's speeder.
I hope that help you
Eric