ADSM-L

Re: ADSM 3.1 Scheduler NT Service

2015-10-04 18:00:05
Subject: Re: ADSM 3.1 Scheduler NT Service
From: Cindy Cannam [SMTP:CCannam AT GENAM DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Larry:

Unfortunately, the use of the DSMCUTIL is still the only method available
for scheduler installation --- most of us ended up writing batch files to
make the install quick and relatively painless for NT-based clients. There
were quite a few of us making noise about the new DSMCUTIL when the new
V3R11 files came available. However, if memory serves correctly, IBM stated
it would be changing this back to its V2 format, albeit ugly and
novell-like (or at least that was the consensus the last time it was
complained about), but I don't know that this has transpired.

Check out the README files associated with the webshell --- they're fairly
concise (in other words you don't have to have ESP to figure out anything
unusually cryptic).

Good luck!

C.L.Cannam
Storage Management
GENAM/St. Louis, MO/USA

Greg Garrison <Greg.A.Garrison AT BANKAMERICA DOT COM> on 03/17/98 02:50:19 PM