ADSM-L

Restore file from old backup to new client

1998-03-13 16:41:41
Subject: Restore file from old backup to new client
From: Nancy Stevens <Nancy_C_Stevens AT CSC DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 1998 16:41:41 -0500
Thanks to everyone who responded to my plea for help.  Apparently, I was
headed in the wrong direction with the "set access" command.  Generally,
what most people suggested and what worked for us was what Angel said
below:

Hi Nancy,
I have often done this.  From your NOVNEW, (your Novell server that will
receive the data) enter:
load dsmc restore -node=NOVOLD -pass=adsmpass NOVOLD\VOL1:/dir/*
NOVNEW\VOL1:/newdir/  -su=yes -latest...(whatever other parms you may
need)

The -node=  overrides the nodename parameter in the dsm.opt file.  You
may also get prompted for the NETWARE id and password.  I can't remember
whose NETWARE id you give..NOVOLD or NOVNEW...but I think it might be
NOVNEW.  The -pass above is the ADSM password for NOVOLD.
If you are a Version 3 client, the -node parameter has
changed...virtualnode or something like that.
The set access works so-so in my opinion.  And you have to give it ahead
of time. So if your old server is no longer around, then you can't enter
it.
Good luck,

Angel Boles
Westinghouse Electric