ADSM-L

(Scalability Question) Network Storage Mgr Redpiece

1998-03-13 13:58:16
Subject: (Scalability Question) Network Storage Mgr Redpiece
From: Pat Randall <randallp AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 1998 13:58:16 -0500
>> Try getting info on IBM's Network Storage Manager A01.... snip

I don't think I posted to the list before. There's a Redpiece on this
"ADSM solution in a box" on the Redbooks Redpieces site. Try:
http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/SG242242/netsto.htm
The book should also be available in hardcopy now too I think.
Pat

Abstract:
The IBM Network Storage Manager (NSM) is an integrated data storage
facility that provides backup, archive, space management, and disaster
recovery of data stored in a network computing environment. NSM
integrates the IBM ADSTAR Distributed Storage Manager (ADSM) server
functions and AIX with an RS/6000 RISC rack mounted processor, Serial
Storage Architecture (SSA) disk subsystems, tape library and drives,
and network communications, into a single server system.

This redpiece is a practical guide to integrating NSM into your environment.
It provides step by step documentation on our experiences
implementing NSM from the first time it is plugged in, through implementation
of AIX, NT and NetWare clients, to disaster recovery. Topics also
include sizing and selecting the right model, the default ADSM configuration,
how maintenance is applied, and using the Web administrative
interface.

Patrick Randall
IBM ITSO,   471/80-E2  Almaden Research Centre,
650 Harry Road, San Jose, CA 95120    Tel:(408)-927-3643  Int: 8/457-3643
randallp AT us.ibm DOT com       Pat Randall/IBM/Almaden