ADSM-L

Re: V2 -> V3 Upgrade on AIX

1998-03-12 19:26:13
Subject: Re: V2 -> V3 Upgrade on AIX
From: Mike Knight <knightm AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 1998 19:26:13 EST
From: Mike Knight, IBM GS Central, (314)234-5096, KNIGHTM at ISSCVM
Inet:                                             KNIGHTM AT VNET.IBM DOT COM

We have a similar situation with ANR0534W errors, but with ADSM 2.1.0.13
and 2.1.0.15 servers on AIX 4.x and during incremental backups instead of
archives.  In our case, the errors are seen on most, or all, Netware
clients that have been upgraded to the ADSM 3.1 client.  Other client
platforms run fine.  We also are not using client compression and ADSM
support has not been able to isolate the cause yet.  We tried turning off
the disk cache on one server and had the same problem with terrible server
performance for several days with the CPU 100% busy.  We turned caching
back on and performance got better the next day.  We are now living with
hundreds of these errors every day.

My opinion is that turning off caching just means the server is able to
get more space and bypass the message when the client makes a bad
estimate.  There is still something that is causing the incorrect estimates.

         Mike (Just another user, personal opinion) Knight