ADSM-L

Re: Help, my recovery log is missing!!!!

1998-03-12 15:51:23
Subject: Re: Help, my recovery log is missing!!!!
From: Bill Colwell <bcolwell AT DRAPER DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 1998 15:51:23 -0500
In <412565C5.00688645.00 AT stlucia.kasten DOT de>, on 03/12/98
   at 08:12 PM, Ulrike Scharf <Ulrike_Scharf AT KASTEN DOT DE> said:

>Hi,

>today I tried to restart our adsm server (ver.2 on AIX) and got the
>following errormessage:

>ANR0990I ADSM server restart-recovery in progress.
>ANR7807W Unable to get information for file /usr/lpp/adsmserv/bin/log.dsm.
>Explanation (fstat error): No such file or directory
>ANR0259E Unable to read complete restart/checkpoint information from any
>database or recovery log volume.

>I searched for log.dsm on our whole server, but didn't find ANYTHING!!!

>What could I do now?

>I tried to create a log, but my server didn't start anyway (Only the
>ANR0259E - Errormessage)!

>PLEASE can someone help me?????

>Regards and thanks in advance

>Ulrike

First, found out where this file went.  You don't want this to happen again!

Start reading about the database salvage utilities.  They are dumpdb, loaddb
and the notorious auditdb.  If you can't find a valid recovery log file,
salvage may be the only option left to you.
Bill Colwell
Bill Colwell
C. S. Draper Lab
Cambridge, Ma