ADSM-L

Re: TCP/IP connection failure

1998-03-12 09:38:39
Subject: Re: TCP/IP connection failure
From: Nicholas Cassimatis <nickpc AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 1998 09:38:39 -0500
Karl,

I have seen that error quite a bit.  I am running the 2.1.0.8 client on OS/2
boxes.  The problem ends up being a bad file.  Even the creating application
can't read it, and it won't even copy from an OS/2 prompt!  So, I end up
excluding the file, or deleting it, whichever the application owner decides.

One instance of this was the first indication that we had a hard drive failing
(non RAID box), so you may want to look at that, too.

Nick Cassimatis
Distributed Storage Management Team
RTP, NC
919-254-7302   T/L 444-7302
nickpc AT us.ibm DOT com

If you don't have the time to do it right the first time, where will you find
the time to do it again?