ADSM-L

Re: DB volumes Consolidation

1998-03-11 11:28:02
Subject: Re: DB volumes Consolidation
From: "L. Scott Emmons" <scotte AT CENTER.USCS DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 08:28:02 -0800
On Wednesday, March 11, 1998 8:08 AM, abdukm0b AT ARAMCO.COM DOT SA wrote:
> Now that we can define logical volumes more than 2.0GB (AIX 4.2), we like
> to consolidate our ADSM db volumes. My question is :
> Should we do the consolidation before migrating to v3 or after the
> migration?

We run our ADSM database on top of JFS. We found that "dsmfmt" won't let
you create a db file larger than 2GB, just so you know. Note this is with
ver2. I don't know if ver3 has support for >2GB db files. Again, this
probably has no bearing if you run your DB on raw LV's...

Thanks,
-Scott
    L. Scott Emmons    | CableData R&D Center - El Dorado Hills, CA, USA
Staff Software Engineer|   Special Projects, Systems Development Dept
    (916) 939-6088     |  Views and content are my own, not CableData's