ADSM-L

auditdb process taking forever to run.

1998-03-11 08:00:06
Subject: auditdb process taking forever to run.
From: Tim Brown <tbrown AT CENHUD DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 08:00:06 -0500
Anyone ever used AUDITDB !!!

I am running the AUDITDB FIX=YES command against my database after i
performed a "DUMPDB", 'INSTALL",
and "LOADDB". (As per IBM)

I started the job Monday night 3/9 and it was still running as of midnight
3/10. (28 hours) My database is 1400 MB's
and is only about 50% utilized.

The FIX=YES process produces highlighted messages on MVS consoles.

*ANR4273E AUDITDB: A data-integrity error was detected on volume X01244
*the AUDIT VOLUME command to correct the error.
*ANR9999D AFAUDIT(3414): AUDITDB: Missing or invalid segment 0 for bitf
*0.12865086 found on volume X01244.
*ANR4303E AUDITDB: Inventory references for object(0.12865086) deleted.

It was producing error messages every 10 minutes for this specific tape. I
do not have a regular operator on
duty between 12:00AM-6:00AM. I am afraid that if i let the job run when
there is no operator my MVS console
buffer will fill up and eventually hang my system...

Is it better to run AUDITDB with FIX=NO and then repair specific database
errors.

Any feedback from users having had experience with AUDITDB would be
appreciated...