ADSM-L

Re: BSD schedule error

1998-03-10 13:19:50
Subject: Re: BSD schedule error
From: "L. Scott Emmons" <scotte AT CENTER.USCS DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 10:19:50 -0800
On Tuesday, March 10, 1998 9:52 AM, Ben Kokenge wrote:
> I have installed the SCO binaries on a BSD 3.0 machine.  The
> backups work fine when I fire them off manually, but seem to
> die when I try to have the scheduler daemon do the backups.

Ben,

We found we had to specify a domain in the "dsm.opt" file like:

        domain / /usr /var /tmp /home

You will also need to create a SCO-like "/etc/mnttab". There is a
readily-available script to do this from Linux. I modified that script to
do the same thing from a FreeBSD "/etc/fstab" file.

Lastly, at least on FreeBSD, you'll need a "/usr/local/tztab" file (thanks
Kevin!) and an appropriate "TZ" environmental - or everything will show up
with strange dates...

Good Luck!
-Scott
    L. Scott Emmons    | CableData R&D Center - El Dorado Hills, CA, USA
Staff Software Engineer|   Special Projects, Systems Development Dept
    (916) 939-6088     |  Views and content are my own, not CableData's