ADSM-L

Re: Variables in schedules

1998-03-09 16:33:10
Subject: Re: Variables in schedules
From: David Hendrix <dmhendri AT FEDEX DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 1998 14:33:10 -0700
Kelly J. Lipp wrote:

> You could have a distinct include/exclude file on each system that excluded
> everything you don't want and includes only those things you do.  Sort of a
> pain because you have to modify each client's options file.
>
> Kelly

Steve,

Another approach (since I am assuming you are backing things up at the
filesystem level using a V2 client), is schedule a COMMAND (script) that
runs on each client.  The script would build the appropriate filesystem
path in $variable and then do a dsmc incr $variable.  Your
include/exclude list could then be generic (like the script) to simply
include /var/adsm/.../* <mgmtclass>

David Hendrix
dmhendri AT fedex DOT com

--
As soon as we started programming, we found to our surprise that it
As soon as we started programming, we found to our surprise that it