ADSM-L

Re: Device Classes

1998-03-09 08:46:19
Subject: Re: Device Classes
From: "Flis, Cynthia" <cynthia.flis AT TRAVELERS DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 1998 08:46:19 -0500
We anticipated moving some of our storage pools to another library (electronic
vaulting) when we originally defined our pools.  We looked everywhere and could
not find an option to update the device class once a storage pool is defined.
We created two device classes using the same library/drives.  When we move our
storage pools to the new library we will update the device class to point to a
new library/drives but use the sme device class name.  This has been quite
tricky for us in the interim. Unless someone has some creative idea here, I
don't believe you can update the device class once a pool is defined.

Update stg?

Kelly