ADSM-L

Local/Network File Spaces

1998-03-06 12:33:04
Subject: Local/Network File Spaces
From: Greg Garrison <Greg.A.Garrison AT BANKAMERICA DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 1998 11:33:04 -0600
Hello!  Me again :-)

I am running the new 3.1 server and client on NT.  I was wondering about
local and network file spaces.  We have ADSM backing up all files on the
server, and workstations that attach to the server.  When ADSM backups a
workstation, does it backup network mapped drives as well?  I am just
concerned that files located on the server, are being backed up twice,
(once directly on the server, and through the client's drive mappings)
therefore taking up more tape space.  Is there a way to force the client to
ONLY backup local files?

Sure would appreciate any information you might have.
Thanx!

Greg Garrison
Bank of America
Credit Card Group